Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Update Blog or Blog Potpourri

It’s been many a days since I last blogged. And in those days, many a things have changed.

To the best of my ability I will try and summarize those changes in a quick, efficient manner while maintaining the same sharp wit that you’ve grown to love and expect from me.

To start, much to the dismay of my ever expanding wife, as of this Saturday we are still a one kid family. This number will double regardless of this week’s events no later than next Sunday… and almost assuredly before BP caps the oil leak. I am setting the over/under on my baby’s age versus the time before a solution to the leak is discovered around 17 months. You may begin betting at any time.

Next up, and thankfully for the health of my sanity, we are now living in a house. Although the unpacking isn’t quite finished, I’ve set a personal goal of accomplishing that before the Kalenator’s birthday.

Feel free to make wagers on that as well.

Some of you will be happy to know that thanks to the inter web knowledge of some of my more geekly friends and the ambition of pirates across the globe… I am reading comics again. And while I do miss the oddly pleasing feeling of turning a page, the kick start to my creativity should show through with each passing blog and cartoon strips (coming soon… again I promise).

Fourthly, I now commute from the warm and safe bosom of Missouri life to the dark and seedy underbelly of Illinois. And while I enjoy the new position of having limited authority, I am not sure it balances out with the loss of my humanity due to working in the same state of residence as the Cubs.

Some of you will argue that I am still in Card’s country… but you’re not fooling me you sneaky S.O.B’s.

Finally, if you haven’t noticed, I have internet again. And like last’s night’s mini blog indicated, the blogs should from this point on flow forth like saliva from my dog’s mouth.

I wanted to use a BP joke there, but fought off the urge so as not to sound redundant.

Oh wait!!!

Also, I have a new (to me) and larger grill! I’d say that the increase of cooking surface means that you are all invited over for a BBQ, but I am not sure that I have the finances or patience to entertain the you people.

So there… now if you keep reading, I’ll keep writing.

Catch you on the rebound - J

No comments:

Post a Comment