Thursday, June 10, 2010

“Patience and fortitude conquer all things”

Ralph Waldo Emerson was the proud owner of that little nugget of goodness I placed conveniently in quotation marks at the top of this blog. And in case you wanted to know my opinion…

Waldo up there was full of shit.

Now let me qualify my bitching a bit here. This pregnancy has been relatively easy based on horror stories viewed on TLC. Judging from what some friends and acquaintances of have shared, we could have had a much more stressful ordeal. And of all the people involved… it’s my wife that has experienced any discomfort really.

But all that said… I am ready for Baby Secret Name to get her butt out of Melissa’s belly and into this world.

Come on all ready.

Despite all of my boasts of possibly selling our bouncing bundle of joy on the baby black market (reverse the first two words of that phrase and I become an instant racist), I was secretly hoping that she would have came today since today was my mom’s birthday. The idea of sharing that with my mom, who wanted nothing more in life then to have a little granddaughter was enough to almost make me a little misty eyed this past week.

But to no avail. The little girl has shown the same stubborn resolve that my mom was famous for. Maybe it’s in that respect that our sweet angel will actually be grandma’s little devil. I can’t say that I’d be too upset were that true.

Even still… as we sit here and watch Sex Drive on premium cable for the umpteenth time, we wait. We remain patient. She bides her time.

And it is driving me flip’n crazy.

Maybe it would be a tad easier on me if my wife wasn’t engaged in a “subconscious” mission to f@#%K with me every chance she gets. She tries to deny it, but I am on to her ruse. I think she enjoys having the upper hand in this arena. Science has thankfully yet to level the playing field in the bearing children department. So for the foreseeable future, she’ll continue to hold all the cards.

Luckily that future and her upper hand both slightly decrease after Sunday. Not so lucky, I slip further behind the ladies in the guy/girl ratio in this household.

It’s only going to harder on this solo manly blogger – J

PS, happy birthday mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment