Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Exaggeration, the inseparable companion of greatness."

Voltaire said that.

My daughter is awesome.

I am fairly certain that How Pow said that.

Although his exact wording may have been different. Thus the lack of confidence in adding quotation marks. And maybe I am just being a proud daddy, but with all due respect to the Baby Pow… MY daughter is the most awesome-est.

Now that my come across as a bit asshole-ish. But I am sure if polled, almost every dad with a new baby girl would give you roughly the same answer. As well we should.

As guys we also like to think our daughters (and sons I’m sure) can do things far better and far before any other kid. Maybe we are love blind. Or maybe this is what it takes to knock us off of our logic thinking pedestal and into the realm of emotional based assessments.

Take for instance that Hayden, right out of the womb, can raise her head up and look around. Her neck seemingly is close to being fully operational (I’m thinking a Death Star joke should have been used here). Last night Melissa placed her pacifier in her hand and I s#@t you not, she raised it to her mouth and put it in. We tried to immediately duplicate this last miracle, but clubbing herself in the nose was the closest outcome. Just last week I spent hours on hold with DirectTV trying to get my remote reprogrammed with the receiver. If I would have just waited a few days, Hayden could have done it for me.

Hand to god, she is that smart.

Now having said all that… my kid is not yet a rocket surgeon. She's more like a grad student. There's some room to grow after all. Regardless, she is pretty damn cool. And so far this dad thing s kind of a hip gig.

A fellow blogger (one I’ve credited more than once) told me yesterday that he likes my kids influence on the blog. He said it was nice to see that I can write with a softer tone. He was glad to see we (as a friendly collective) can do more than penis and fart jokes. Maybe that is true. But like I told my wife, we’ll see where the jokes go after a few weeks. After all, the new dad sheen still has a bright glow.

Wait till her poop really starts to stink. See what comes out of those blogs.

But for now, I have to jet... Hayden is practicing her summersaults – J

No comments:

Post a Comment