Friday, September 25, 2009

The First Funny.

With the closing of my store, a new source of income had to be obtained. Luckily I had already been working a couple or three nights at a local watering hole as a bouncer/doorman in order to help pay for the wedding and keeping that job became an easy option. The draw back is that it keeps me up considerably late on Wednesday and Thursday nights (sometimes more).

Therefore Thursday and Friday mornings I sleep in, usually no latter than nine am. Give or take thirty minutes.

On some of those mornings, Kalen doesn’t sleep in. What she does and how long she does it is a complete mystery. A few times I have awoken to find her staring at me. I can’t be sure how long or how intense of a stare I’m given, but I can tell you that it is slightly creepy.

This has happened to me once before in life. All the way back in high school (during my senior year) we had a sausage only New Year’s Eve party. Why it was guys only I can’t remember now, but for some it was their first time drinking… and first time puking from being drunk.

After passing out on the floor on one of the few clear patches of carpet I awoke to find my buddy Steve staring at me from the couch. Needless to say I was slightly shaken. So after falling back to sleep for about another forty minutes or so, I rolled back over and opened my eyes to find the same icy gaze targeted at me again.

Kalen’s glare although not as creepy, still causes flashbacks that leads me to the flop sweats.

No comments:

Post a Comment