Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Change in Production Schedule.

Normally when I sit to write this blog, it’s the day prior to it seeing the light. Today’s blog however was written just this morning. In fact, three different blogs were conceived this morning. The problem with all three though, they didn’t have the feel I was looking for. Maybe the timing wasn’t right, maybe I didn’t like the pacing, or maybe they just weren’t very good. Whatever the case, I decided to go with this entirely different and fourth blog.

My main fear of bringing this blog daily is writer’s block. Or maybe even more so, I fear that a daily pace might cause it to grow stale… for both you and me. So in order to keep that from happening, I plan on cutting back to a minimum of three a week including the Friday Funnies. Here and there I might add a fourth or even fifth post. But forcing out five a week might detract from overall appeal.

Look at it like this, currently Kalen is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Given her choice, she’d eat one every day… lunch and dinner. My regulating her to having it every other day at best allows her to enjoy it more, and takes away the fear of getting burnt out.

Consider this blog my PB & J.

Of course it’s still good for any aspiring writer (or blogger) to have a deadline. So mine will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Basically any day Kalen eats a PB & J sandwich, I am posting a blog. In order to keep with the theme I could change the name to Peanut Blogger & Jelly.

Ok… maybe not.

Hopefully this change will be for the better and please continue spreading the word. Drop in on my Blogspot page and sign up to follow me there. And just overall enjoy what I am doing.

See you tomorrow - J

No comments:

Post a Comment