Monday, October 12, 2009

Friday Funnies (Late Again).


Being that the Kalenator is four, it’s probably a safe bet that if you asked her about twenty times what her favorite season of the year is… she’d have a different answer each time. Being that I am thirty-one, I can tell you that my answer one hundred percent of the time would be fall. Of course I’ve got years of great memories to back that and she’s only been out of diapers a shade under two.

Memories aside, I think my reasons for loving fall are many. I love the slight chill that creeps in late in the day. I love the color change of the leaves. I love Halloween because it was my mom’s favorite holiday. I love that my birthday is right around the corner. I love that football is going strong and baseball is in its second season. I love the smell of hot chocolate and people baking more.

And I love that I met my wife in the fall.

Like I said, neither Kalen nor I could tell you what season is her favorite or why. But I can say that sometimes when I’m standing in our commons area taking the dog out for his evening constitution, I can close my eyes and feel almost like I’m her age all over again. (Because of the season, not the dog’s b.m.)

And that feeling is why I really love fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment